Western States Ranches
Western States is the only ranch producing certified organic cut hay and beef cattle in the Moapa Valley, NV. We work with them every step of the way, from certification to field planning to livestock management.
Our work with Western States began with the Rancher’s desire to become certified organic. With Paul’s help, they developed a cut hay and cattle operation that received organic certification from CCOF in 2020. Paul also designed infrastructure for low-stress cattle handling and implemented practices to improve the overall animal welfare of the operation.
Services provided to Western States Ranches include:
- Application for Organic Certification, including developing a comprehensive Organic Systems Plan
- Ongoing maintenance of ranch records and herd lists for organic compliance.
- In-person support through CCOF Organic Crop and Livestock inspection process.
- Design of animal handling infrastructure and protocol to improve animal welfare and ease of handling.
- Soil and water testing and analysis.
- Development of fertility plans for each site based on soil, water, and crop needs.
- Sourcing and price comparison of supplemental feed hay, seed and fertility inputs.
- Utilization of our vast agricultural network to provide the most relevant information available to advise this complex operation.